Join in our developer’s discussion Facebook group.
We’re fortunate to be partnering with the following developer toolkits. Some have also added their API’s to Github above. Please feel free to familiarize yourself with their product.
- Tropo – Cloud API for Voice, SMS, and Instant Messaging Services.
- Cloudmine – Back-end solutions for mobile apps.
- LaunchRock – Viral “launching soon” pages.
- AppMobi – HTML5 / JS framework for mobile sites.
Instructions to Submit Your API
The success of Education Hack Day will be driven, in large part, by the data and APIs available for event participants to use when building their apps.
After all, a hackathon is only as good as it’s data and API partners.
That’s where you can help to make Education Hack Day a resounding success – by contributing documentation and code samples for your APIs.
We’ve decided to use GitHub as an easy way for partners to document their APIs and contribute code samples for Hack Day participants to use. If you want to provide information or code samples for participants to use at Education Hack Day, here’s what you need to do.
- From your GitHub account, fork the Education Hack Day code samples and API repo.
- Create a new branch with your contact information or organization name.
- Create a folder to hold your documentation and/or code samples.
- Commit and push your changes back to Github.
- Issue a pull request and we’ll incorporate your materials into the master branch.
This process will make it easy for partners to add and modify materials that they want participants to use.
When Education Hack Day begins, we’ll instruct all participants to clone this repo, so they will have all of your documentation and code samples to use when building their apps.
You can help us make Education Hack Day a smashing success – contribute docs and code samples for your APIs!